Muscat hosts several museums that are dedicated rather to the national heritage than to the arts as such. But two museums with a large section on the national heritage, the Bait Al Zubair and the Bait Baranda, have a hybrid position. While the Bait al Zubair has a permanent exhibition on contemporary art, the Bait Baranda incidentally hosts visual art exhibitions too. For example it had a Klimt exhibition. Moreover the general director, is an active mediator for setting op projects in various fields elsewhere. The museum’s permanent display hosts interactive presentations of Oman’s geology, human settlements from 10,000 BC to the early Islamic era, the Portuguese occupation, the Al Bu Said dynasty, the history of Muscat and Muscat today.
- The Arab Fund for Arts and Culture – Open Calls as of March 2015
- New article by Sultan Sooud Al-Qassemi on the modernity movement in the Gulf states.
- Book on Oman’s architecture published
- This evening at the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair Tamboura Master Talah Ismael and Takht Al Emirati with Ali Obeid.
- Remembering Sarah White of the Bait Al Zubair, 19/03/1968 – 10/04/2013