Al Maidan Cultural Center hosts a weekly concert organized by the DAI, of many styles of music (Arab, Indian, Persian, Western), mostly but not only classical. The high-tech 250-seat theatre is also used for lectures and an occasional performance.
To see the program online click here; for more information on music in Kuwait, including many other venues check kuwait-music.com. For more information about Sulayman Al Bassam’s theatre group, see here.
- The Arab Fund for Arts and Culture – Open Calls as of March 2015
- Meanwhile in Kuwait, RENDEZ-VOUS MASASAM//CAP KUWAIT
- The Arab Unbound: Tareq de Montfort exhibition in London
- New article by Sultan Sooud Al-Qassemi on the modernity movement in the Gulf states.
- Nat Muller on the Arab pavillions in Venice, from the Majalla magazine