The Global Art Forum is one of Art Dubai’s most significant programs. Held over six days, starting with two days in Doha at the Mathaf before Art Dubai opens, and continuing during Art Dubai, the Global Art Forum brings together critics, writers, artists, curators and other art world professionals.
Over the years the Global Art Forum has sought ever more experimental forms, evolving from a series of panel discussions to thematic programs reaching beyond the visual arts world. The theme for the 2013 Global Art Forum directed by writer and critic HG Masters is ‘Definitionism’, the tendency to define and the need to redefine terms in the art world.
For more information about the Global Art Forum 2013 see here.
- The Arab Fund for Arts and Culture – Open Calls as of March 2015
- Some of the first favourites at Art Dubai.
- Sheikha Hoor Al-Qasimi to be the curator of the UAE Venice Biennale 2015 pavillion
- First edition of the Gulf Music Festival at the Archive, Dubai
- And an interesting question mark from Isabelle van den Eynde